Where is your property's value promotion proposition?
As a Seller's agent, How to optimize your property value in the market is the first and most important thing. Your best interest is always my first priopity to achieve.
If you are thinking of selling your home, before you become overwhelmed at the task we need to discuss 10 steps that will help bring you the objective of making this process easier on you.
1. Determine Why And When You Would Like To Sell. Motivation plays a critical factor in determining what course of action you need to take. Spring is typically a faster paced season to sell and winter tends to be a little slower. Regardless, there are always people looking to buy and seasons are only one factor to consider. Give me a call. I will be able to help get you in the right direction.
2. Do'nt be afraid to ask questions, as a professional realtor, I constantly watch and research the real estate market, so I'm familiar with the market momentum and any possible change. I will provide you with the information based on past sales, current listings to support you make a right decision. I will also provide a solid marketing plan which would indicate how much your home should go for. If you feel comfortable with me and that I have a genuine interest in helping you, then we are on the right track.
3. Set Your Price. You want to attract buyers, the right asking price will attract not deter. I know the factors affecting the market. For example: Your neighborhood may be under development with larger families and houses, there may be a large company opening up bringing jobs and a demand for housing in general, interest rates may be affecting peoples willingness to take out mortgages. I will do a comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to the homes recently sold, active and expired in your area and we will set the price.
4. List your property in the market. After a thoughful research and preparation, the next thing is simple and staighforward. You just need to sign a listing agreement with me.It authorizes me and my brokerage to market and sell your home. The agreement serves 3 purposes. a) It defines our relationship and every detail . b) It provides detailed information on the home which can be posted the boards Multiple Listing Service. c) It forms a basis for drafting offers on your home, formal offers start with the Listing Agreement.
5. Prepare Your Home For Viewing. Get your mop, vacuum, tool belt & paint brush and lets get your home a mini make-over. Its the little things you can do to attract an offer. Get rid of the clutter, clean everything, repair as much as you can within reason, add some beautifying touches like new door handles on cupboards and perhaps even paint.
6. Let Me Market Your Home. This is my expertise and this is where I can be at most benefit to you and your success. Please see My Value Proposition on my website for more description. Here you will find step by step how I will help you achieve your goal. I will walk through your property and then give you some idea how to do the stagings and how to improve the curb appealing for the most homebuyers. I will produce professinal photos or 360 virtual tour if necessary. I will use combinations of marketing from traditional media to MLS, my own website and networking. Open House for Realtors and the public is also very beneficial.
7. Prepare Your Finances. Is your mortgage portable without any penalties? Can the buyer assume your mortgage? Can you discharge your mortgage without any penalties? Does capitol gains tax apply to you? Talk with your mortgage broker and perhaps your accountant to see what applies
8. Offers! Lets Look At Offers. I will walk you through the process, you will see every offer. There may be some conditions you may want to change; we will discuss each and every detail. This is one of the most important tasks and reasons you have hired me, the negotiation skills. Dont be offended if your offer is well below the asking price. Instead, evaluate it for what its worth and counter back. Successful negotiation is an art and because its a highly emotional time and Im here to guide you through with success.
9. Close The Deal. I have over 20 years business negotiation experience. I know people and know how to win the best deal for my clients. The most important thing is to ensure the whole process is under well controlled and no remorse and surprise.
Then, some items still need to follow up such as A) Contact your lawyer and let them know an Agreement has been signed. B) Immediately begin satisfying any conditions that require your actions to complete C) Notify the lawyer and lending institution if the buyer is assuming your mortgage D) Contact utilities, telephone and cable companies about transfer or removal of service E) Call insurance agent and arrange cancellation or transfer of your homeowners insurance F) Call a moving company G) Send out change of address cards including Ministry of Transportation for your BCDL etc. H) Notify me immediately if there are any changes to your property or situation.
After everything gets perfectly done.
Congratulations!!! You have sold your house! I'm please and proud to have helped you!